Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm immediately availability. Livestock inventory subject to change and prior sale. Fish shipments may take several days to fulfill.
Due to its unique color variation, the Squareback Anthias is also known as the Squarespot, Purple Blotch Basslet, Squareblock, Square, or Mirror Anthias. The body of the female is predominantly yellow with a lavender belly, and often a thin blue line extending from nose to pectoral fin. Males are predominantly pink with a lavender belly and have a lighter rectangular shape on the side.
- Scientific Name: Pseudanthias pleurotaenia
- Minimum Tank Size: 100 gallons
- Care Level: Moderate
- Water Conditions: 72-78° F, dKH 8-12, pH 8.1-8.4, sg 1.020-1.025
- Max. Size: 7¾"
- Color Form: Orange, Purple, Red
- Diet: Carnivore
- Origin: Fiji, Indonesia, Vanuatu
- Family: Serranidae