Please contact us at email@example.com to confirm immediately availability. Livestock inventory subject to change and prior sale. Fish shipments may take several days to fulfill.
Click Here to See Images
Scientific Name: Polypterus retropinnis
Origin: West Africa
- Care Level: Difficult
- Temperament: Semi-aggressive
- Lifespan: 15-20 years average, 30+ years possible
- Water Conditions: 77-83° F, KH 1-12, pH 6.5-7.5
- Maximum Size: 12" (1'6" - 2')
- Diet: Carnivore
- Minimum Tank Size: 50 gallons
Bichirs should be fed a variety of meaty foods including: different types of worms, shrimp, krill, and most will also readily accept frozen preparations, pellets and wafers. They can be fed feeder fish but there is a risk of parasites or disease being introduced to your tank so it is not usually recommended.