Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm immediately availability. Livestock inventory subject to change and prior sale. Fish shipments may take several days to fulfill.
Scientific Name:Â Polypterus retropinnis
Origin:Â West Africa
- Care Level:Â Difficult
- Temperament: Semi-aggressive
- Lifespan:Â 15-20 years average, 30+ years possible
- Water Conditions:Â 77-83Â° F, KH 1-12, pH 6.5-7.5
- Maximum Size:Â 12" (1'6" - 2')
- Diet: Carnivore
- Minimum Tank Size:Â 50 gallons
Bichirs should be fed a variety of meaty foods including: different types of worms, shrimp, krill, andÂ most will also readily accept frozen preparations, pellets and wafers. They can be fed feeder fish but there is a risk of parasites or disease being introduced to your tank so it is not usually recommended.