Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm immediately availability. Livestock inventory subject to change and prior sale. Fish shipments may take several days to fulfill.
The Serpae Tetra is a deep-bodied fish with the typical tetra shape. Its body is an elongated, laterally compressed oval when viewed from the side.This fish will generally reach about 1 1/2 inches (4 cm) in length and has a lifespan of about 3 to 7 years. The Serpae Tetra has a beautiful, reddish body color that picks up flashy, jewel-type highlights. It has a large, almost diamond-shaped, black spot behind the gills. Their fins are mostly black with white tips. A long-finned variety developed in captivity is usually referred to as Long Finned Serpae Tetra or Long Fin Red Minor Tetra.
- Scientific Name: Hyphessobrycon eques
- Minimum Tank Size: 20 gal (76 L)
- Care Level: Easy
- Temperament: Peaceful
- Water Conditions: 72.0 to 82.0° F (22.2 to 27.8° C) - deally, they should not be kept below 75.0° F (24° C)
- Max. Size: 1.6 inches (3.99 cm
- Color Form: Red
- Diet: Omnivore
- Origin: Brazil and Paraguay
- Family: Characidae