Please contact us at email@example.com to confirm immediately availability. Livestock inventory subject to change and prior sale. Fish shipments may take several days to fulfill.
Panaqolus species are great aquarium fish. They need shelter in the form of wood and rocks, and if they feel safe they will venture out in search of food even during daytime. They prefer a vegetarian diet, and of course wood is essential for their digestion. Some crustaceans and insect larvae can be added to their diet, but a diet consisting of too much protein and too little vegetarian food can cause trouble.
- Scientific Name: Panaqolus albivermis,
- Common Name: L 204, Flash Pleco
- Care Level: Moderate
- Temperament: Peaceful
- Temperature: 24.0-30.0°C or 75.2-86°F, pH 6.6 - 8.6
- Max. Size: 13 cm / 5''
- Color: black or very dark brown with thin white or yellow vertical stripes
- Diet: Omnivore (equal plants and meat), wood
- Origin: Rio San Alejandro, Peru
- Family: Loricariidae
Images used on this site are for informational purposes only, for actual photos of livestock please contact us (877) 809-4067.