Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm immediately availability. Livestock inventory is subject to change and prior sale. Fish shipments may take several days to fulfill.
The Pea Puffer (Carinotetraodon tracancoricus) is a very popular nano/planted tank fish. It has a very distinctive and interactive personality that has endeared it to many aquarists. Though it is sometimes fairly aggressive and territorial, under the right conditions it can be a great addition to many community aquariums of small fish, plants, and some invertebrates.
- Scientific Name: Carinotetraodon travancoricus
- Other Name: Dwarf Puffer Fish, Pea Puffer, Indian Malabar Pufferfish
- Minimum Tank Size: 10 gal (38 L)
- Care Level: Aggressive
- Temperament: Peaceful
- Water Conditions: 72.0 to 82.0° F (22.2 to 27.8° C)
- Max. Size: 1.0 inches (2.49 cm)
- Color Form:
- Diet: Carnivore
- Origin: India
- Family: Tetraodontidae
Images used on this site are for informational purposes only, for actual photos of livestock please contact us (877) 809-4067.