Orange Flame Tetra
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm immediately availability. Livestock inventory subject to change and prior sale. Fish shipments may take several days to fulfill.
The Flame Tetra Hyphessobrycon flammeus has a gorgeous, fiery coloring when it's comfortable and happy in its aquarium. This tetra is generally silver in the front but becomes a fiery red on the back. The red becomes especially vibrant at the base of its fins.
When this fish is exposed to a lot of disturbances, it becomes very timid and its coloring will pale. For this reason, the Flame Tetra does not always show well in pet store aquariums where it is exposed to a lot of activity
- Scientific Name: Hyphessobrycon flammeus
- Other Name: Von Rio Tetra, Fire Tetra, Red Tetra
- Minimum Tank Size: 10 gal (38 L)
- Care Level: Easy
- Temperament: Peaceful
- Water Conditions: 73.0 to 82.0° F (22.8 to 27.8° C)
- Range pH: 5.5-7.5 - A pH of 6.5 to 7.0 is preferred
- Max. Size: 1.6 inches (3.99 cm)
- Color Form:
- Diet: Omnivore
- Origin: South America
- Family: Characidae
Images used on this site are for informational purposes only, for actual photos of livestock please contact us (877) 809-4067.