Orange Flame Tetra
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm immediately availability. Livestock inventory subject to change and prior sale. Fish shipments may take several days to fulfill.
The Flame TetraÂ Hyphessobrycon flammeusÂ hasÂ a gorgeous, fiery coloring when it'sÂ comfortable and happy in itsÂ aquarium. This tetra is generally silver in the front but becomes a fiery red on the back. The red becomesÂ especiallyÂ vibrant at the base of itsÂ fins.
When thisÂ fish isÂ exposed to a lot of disturbances, itÂ becomes very timid and itsÂ coloring will pale. For this reason, the Flame Tetra does notÂ always showÂ well in pet store aquariums where it isÂ exposed to a lot of activity
- Scientific Name:Â Hyphessobrycon flammeus
- Other Name:Â Von Rio Tetra, Fire Tetra, Red Tetra
- Minimum Tank Size:Â 10 gal (38 L)
- Care Level:Â Easy
- Temperament:Â Peaceful
- Water Conditions:Â Â 73.0 to 82.0Â° F (22.8 to 27.8Â° C)
- Range pH:Â 5.5-7.5 - A pH of 6.5 to 7.0 is preferred
- Max. Size:Â 1.6 inches (3.99 cm)
- Color Form:Â
- Diet:Â Omnivore
- Origin:Â South America
- Family:Â Characidae
Images used on this site are for informational purposes only, for actual photos of livestock please contact usÂ (877) 809-4067.