Kent Marine PhytoPlex
KENT MARINE PHYTOPLEX is a complex of aqua-cultured, naturally-occurring phytoplankton that provides necessary proteins, carbohydrates, and lipids for a broad range of filter-feeding marine invertebrates. Containing Nannochloropsis, Tetraselmis and Isochrysis sp. Tahitian phytoplankton ranging in size from 2 to 15 microns.
- Shake well before using! Add 5 to 10 ml (1 to 2 tsp) per 50 gallons aquarium water in an area of high water flow, or by target feeding (recommended). Feed up to 3 times per week depending on animal load. In heavily stocked reef aquariums, the dosage may need to be increased. As with any food, overfeeding can affect water quality.
- Does not require refrigeration or freezing after opening, however refrigerating will prolong useful life.
- Target feeding individual animals is the most efficient method. Using a KENT Marine SeaSquirt, dispense food where it will flow over animal.
- KENT Marine PhytoPlex provides whole, unicellular phytoplankton for a broad range of filter-feeding invertebrates. Ideal for feeding SPS corals, sponges, clams, scallops, bryozoans, tunicates, sea fans, filter-feeding sea cucumbers, and many annelid worms such as feather dusters and Christmas tree worms.
- For best results, alternate use with KENT Marine ChromaPlex, KENT Marine MicroVert, and KENT Marine Coral Accel to provide the nutrient variety readily available in their natural habitat.