Kent Marine ChromaPlex
KENT MARINE CHROMAPLEX is a unique blend of aqua-cultured, naturally-occurring phytoplankton that contains essential fatty and amino acids, fiber, and high levels of carotenoids. Carotenoids have been shown to increase coloration intensity of blue, green, orange, yellow, and red tissue pigments in filter-feeding marine invertebrates. May also be used to supplement and fortify live foods. Particle size from 5 to 25 microns.
- Shake well before using! Add 5 to 10 ml (1 to 2 tsp) per 50 gallons aquarium water in an area of high water flow, or by target feeding (recommended). Feed up to 3 times per week depending on animal load. In heavily stocked reef aquariums, the dosage may need to be increased. As with any food, overfeeding can affect water quality.
- Does not require refrigeration or freezing after opening, however refrigerating will prolong useful life.
- Target feeding individual animals is the most efficient method. Using a KENT Marine SeaSquirt, dispense food where it will flow over animal.
- Nutrients provided by phytoplankton enable filter feeders to better utilize fatty and amino acids. These compounds increase metabolic efficiency, and can enhance immune systems, coloration, and protect sensitive tissue from exposure to ultraviolet radiation.
- For best results, alternate use with KENT Marine PhytoPlex, KENT Marine MicroVert, and KENT Marine Coral Accel to provide the nutrient variety readily available in their natural habitat.