Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm immediately availability. Livestock inventory subject to change and prior sale. Fish shipments may take several days to fulfill.
Click Here to See Images
The Horseface Loach is a shy, peaceful, primarily nocturnal fish that likes to hide in plant roots, driftwood, rocks and caves during the day. They like to bury themselves when threatened and MUST be provided with a deep base of sand or fine gravel substrate in the aquarium.
Water worn rocks, driftwood branches and tree roots should be arranged to form plenty of hiding places and shaded areas for these fish. Because of their burrowing activities, the driftwood in the tank should be planted to provide them shade.
- Minimum Tank Size: 55 gallons
- Care Level: Moderate
- Temperament: Peaceful
- Aquarium Hardiness: Hardy
- Water Conditions: 79.0 to 84.0°F, 1 – 10dGH, pH 6.0-8.0
- Maximum Size: 8″
- Color Form: Black, Tan, White
- Diet: Carnivore
- Compatibility: Active top and mid water fish
- Origin: Southeast Asia
- Family: Cobitidae
- Scientific Name: Acantopsis choirorhynchus
- Lifespan:10 – 12 years
- Aquarist Experience Level: Intermediate
Images used on this site are for informational purposes only, for actual photos of livestock please contact us (877) 809-4067.