Cuckoo Catfish "Tank Raised"
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm immediately availability. Livestock inventory subject to change and prior sale. Fish shipments may take several days to fulfill.
Click Here to See Images
This species loves to be in large groups, this is how they are found in the lake. In the home aquarium they do best in groups of three or more. We have kept them singly, but they tend to be very shy when kept this way.
One of the reasons these catfish get along so well with cichlids is their unique breeding behavior. Part of this odd behavior is using cichlids as the foster parents for their fry.
- Scientific Name: Synodontis multipunctatus
- Minimum Tank Size: 30 gallon / 120 litre
- Care Level: Easy
- Temperament: Semi-aggressive
- Water Conditions: 75-82° F, KH 10-20, pH 7.5-9.0
- Max. Size: 10"
- Color Form: Black, White, Yellow
- Diet: Omnivore
- Origin: Lake Tanganyika, Africa, Tank Raised
- Family: Mochokidae
Images used on this site are for informational purposes only, for actual photos of livestock please contact us (877) 809-4067.