Please contact us at email@example.com to confirm immediately availability. Livestock inventory subject to change and prior sale. Fish shipments may take several days to fulfill.
The Clown or Ringlet pleco has the characteristic armored scutes rather than scale, and the mouth tucked under the head and adapted for sucking, rasping, and holding fast in strong currents. This is a stocky critter, with a broad head and medium to short tail. The main body and fins range in color for a nearly white beige to black, but most specimens are of a brown somewhere between chocolate and cinnamon.
- Scientific Name: Panaqolus maccus
- Minimum Tank Size: 20 gallons for one, larger if two or more
- Care Level: Easy
- Temperament: Peaceful
- Water Conditions: 23.0-28.0°C or 73.4-82.4°F, pH 6.8 - 7.6
- Max. Size: Attains 3 to 4 inches.
- Color Form: Black stripes
- Origin: Río Orinoco basin
- Family: Loricariidae, Subfamily Ancistrinae
Images used on this site are for informational purposes only, for actual photos of livestock please contact us (877) 809-4067.