Mbamba Yellow Top
The Labidochromis sp. "Mbamba", or "Yellow Top Mbamba", is found in and around Mbamba Bay in Lake Malawi, particularly in the southern area of the bay. Although the males of this species are spectacularly coloured, in my experience they are less popular than other species of Labidochromis.
- Scientific Name: Labidochromis sp. "Mbamba"
- Geo. Origin: Mbamba Bay, Tanzania
- Habitat: Sediment-Rich Rocky Habitat
- Diet: Herbivore
- Temperament: Mildly Aggressive
- Conspecific Temperament: Highly Aggressive
- Maximum Size: 1.25" - 3.5"
- Temperature: 78 - 82°F
- pH: 7.8 - 8.6
- Water Hardness: Hard
- Lifespan: 5years