Mbamba Yellow Top
Please contact us at email@example.com to confirm immediately availability. Livestock inventory is subject to change and prior sale. Fish shipments may take several days to fulfill.
The Labidochromis sp. "Mbamba", or "Yellow Top Mbamba", is found in and around Mbamba Bay in Lake Malawi, particularly in the southern area of the bay. Although the males of this species are spectacularly coloured, in my experience they are less popular than other species of Labidochromis.
- Scientific Name: Labidochromis sp. "Mbamba"
- Geo. Origin: Mbamba Bay, Tanzania
- Habitat: Sediment-Rich Rocky Habitat
- Diet: Herbivore
- Temperament: Mildly Aggressive
- Conspecific Temperament: Highly Aggressive
- Maximum Size: 1.25" - 3.5"
- Temperature: 78 - 82°F
- pH: 7.8 - 8.6
- Water Hardness: Hard
- Lifespan: 5years