Blue Turquoise Discus
Blue Turquoise Discus are beautiful blue fish that are usually entirely blue with red patterns / striations on the body, dorsal and anal fins, and on the gill covers. Many of these were originally developed in the United States by Jack Wattley from several crossings of wild and tank raised blue and green discus. There are high bodied, solid blue, red striated, and high finned varieties that have developed throughout years of selective breeding.
- Scientific Name: Symphysodon Aequifaciatus sp
- Minimum Tank Size: 40 gallon / 160 litre
- Care Level: Moderate
- Temperament: Peaceful
- Water Conditions: 82 – 88 Deg F / 28 – 30 Deg C, pH 6.0 – 6.5
- Max. Size: 8 inches / 20 cm
- Color Form: Blue
- Diet: Carnivore
- Origin: Amazon basin of S. America
- Family: Cichlidae
Images used on this site are for informational purposes only, for actual photos of livestock please contact us (877) 809-4067.