African Pygmy Angelfish
Scientific Name: Centropyge acanthops
- Care Level: Easy
- Temperament: Semi-aggressive
- Lifespan: 5-10 years, possibly longer
- Reef Compatible: With Caution
- Water Conditions: 72-78° F, dKH 8-12, pH 8.1-8.4, sg 1.020-1.025
- Maximum Size: 3"
- Diet: Omnivore
- Minimum Tank Size: 30 gallons
Angelfish prefers to have plenty of swimming space. It also needs areas to hide and live rock to graze on. They will be territorial towards their own species and should be housed alone unless the tank is large enough for them to have their own space, in which case they should be introduced at the same time to reduce aggression. While the Bicolor Angelfish will help with algae control, it is not the best in a reef setup as it nips at invertebrates and clam mantles. They will eat most fresh and frozen foods and require a spirulina, algae and mysis or frozen shrimp diet.