Please contact us at email@example.com to confirm immediately availability. Livestock inventory is subject to change and prior sale. Fish shipments may take several days to fulfill.
Scientific Name: Synchiropus ocellatus
Origin: Indo Pacific
- Care Level: Easy
- Temperament: Generally peaceful, but may fight with other blennies
- Life-span: 2-4 years, possibly longer
- Reef Compatible: Yes, if well fed
- Water Conditions: 72-78° F, dKH 8-12, pH 8.1-8.4, sg 1.021-1.023
- Maximum Size: 3"
- Diet: Omnivore
- Minimum Tank Size: 30 gallons
In the tank, blennies take shelter within rocks and crevices. They are curious, active fish and enjoy moving from rock to rock nibbling on micro algae in between feedings. Underfed blennies have been known to pick at the mantles of clams and at some corals, so caution should be exercised when adding them to a smaller reef aquarium.