Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm immediately availability. Livestock inventory subject to change and prior sale. Fish shipments may take several days to fulfill.
Click Here to See ImagesThis fish is also known as Allen's Damselfish and the Allen's Pomacentrus. It was named after Dr. Gerald Allen, the icthyologist who is recognized as the world's authority on damselfishes.
This slender fish is neon blue with a blending of yellow near the bottom of the body down into the anal fin. Pomacentrus coelestis, which is similar in appearance, may also be called the Neon Damselfsih.
It is a semi-aggressive fish that requires hiding places in a 20 gallon or larger aquarium.
The Neon Damselfish diet should include a variety of meaty foods, herbivore preparations, and flaked foods.
- Scientific Name: Pomacentrus alleni
- Minimum Tank Size: 30 gallons
- Care Level: Easy
- Temperament: Semi-aggressive
- Water Conditions: 72-78° F, dKH 8-12, pH 8.1-8.4, sg 1.020-1.025
- Max. Size: 2½"
- Color Form: Blue, Green, Orange
- Diet: Omnivore
- Origin: Indonesia, Sri Lanka
- Family: Pomacentridae