Kent Marine Turbo-Calcium
KENT MARINE TURBO-CALCIUM provides supplemental calcium to reef inhabitants such as corals, snails, hard tube worms and clams and promotes the growth of purple, pink, and green calcareous algae. KENT Marine Turbo-Calcium is a concentrated dry product and should be used by experienced reef keepers who are familiar with calcium supplements and desire to rapidly raise the calcium level in their aquarium.
- Mix 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon maximum per gallon of fresh water (preferably reverse osmosis or de-ionized water) in separate clean container.
- Shake/stir mixture vigorously.
- It is recommended to use a drip system as dosing should be on a continual basis and at the same rate to replace amount of water lost to evaporation. The KENT Marine AquaDose is the ideal drip dosing system.
- Different reef systems have different calcium needs. To determine the calcium usage of your system, monitor calcium demand by testing aquarium water daily for about a week and replacing the amount of calcium that is being used.
- f you are having trouble maintaining calcium or buffer levels, check to see that the salt mix you are using contains natural seawater levels of magnesium. Magnesium is necessary and low levels result in poor calcium solubility and buffering.
Use KENT Marine SuperBuffer-dKH or Pro Buffer dKH to control pH and carbonate hardness.