Please contact us at email@example.com to confirm immediately availability. Livestock inventory subject to change and prior sale. Fish shipments may take several days to fulfill.
Click Here to See Images
The Bariene Tang, also known as the Black Spot Surgeonfish, is a hard-to-find gem for advanced aquarists. While juveniles may not feature standout coloration, with maturity and proper care, this fish develops beautiful orange accent markings against deep blues, blacks, and browns.
In its natural habitat, the Bariene Tang is generally found in deeper coastal reef slopes and outer reef walls. A 360 gallon or larger aquarium with large amounts of live rock is necessary to provide both plenty of swimming room as well as territories within the live rock.
- Scientific Name: Acanthurus bariene
- Minimum Tank Size: 360 gallons
- Care Level: Moderate
- Temperament: Semi-aggressive
- Water Conditions: 72-78° F, dKH 8-12, pH 8.1-8.4, sg 1.020-1.025
- Max. Size: 1' 8"
- Color Form: Black, Blue, Tan
- Diet: Herbivore
- Origin: Indonesia, Sumatra
- Family: Acanthuridae