Please contact us at email@example.com to confirm immediately availability. Livestock inventory subject to change and prior sale. Fish shipments may take several days to fulfill.
Scientific Name: Ecsenius bicolor
Origin: Fiji, Indonesia, Sri Lanka
- Care Level: Easy
- Temperament: Generally peaceful, but may fight with other blennies
- Life-span: 2-4 years, possibly longer
- Reef Compatible: Yes, if well fed
- Water Conditions: 72-78° F, dKH 8-12, pH 8.1-8.4, sg 1.021-1.023
- Maximum Size: 4.3"
- Diet: Herbivore
- Minimum Tank Size: 30 gallons
Bicolor Blennies acquired their name as a direct reference to their two-colored bodies: their front half can range from dark blue to brown, and their rear half comes in varying shades of orange. Males can become more brightly colored while breeding, and may be slightly larger than females.
In the tank, they take shelter within rocks and crevices. They are curious, active fish and enjoy moving from rock to rock nibbling on micro algae in between feedings. Underfed blennies have been known to pick at the mantles of clams and at some corals, so caution should be exercised when adding them to a smaller reef aquarium.